October 2013: A Hive of Activity
Prism demonstrated its versatility, flexibility and depth in October by working on major jobs simultaneously in 7 countries around the world.
Prism personnel were:
- Embarked in the Danish warship HMDS Esbern Snare to conduct flight trials with the Lynx Mk90B in the Mediterranean and Gulf of Aden.
- Deployed to New Zealand to support the RNZDF’s NH90 operational test and evaluation programme.
- Working with the Royal Swedish Navy to provide training and operational support to the Visby class corvette and A109.
- Providing technical consulting services in the UK in support of the Chinook Mk3.
- Instructing PC-7 student pilots in Brunei.
- Providing DeckSAFE ship motion analysis and training in support of the Royal Australian Navy’s Aircraft Maintenance and Flight Trials Unit (AMAFTU).
- Undertaking preparations for a first of class flight trial for the Armed Forces of Malta with the Allouette III on the P61 patrol vessel.
April 2013: Prism Defence takes on South America
Prism joined Team Australia at LAADS in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to promote its brand and services to new customers in South America. Prism actively participated in Team Australia programs, including on delegations to a number of countries in South America.
February 2013: Prism Defence opens UK office
As Prism continues to expand its international operations, it has established a permanent base in the UK.
Based in the scenic Woodford Valley, near the historic centre of flight test and evaluation in the UK, Prism’s UK office is conveniently located close to most of Prism’s UK customers, and provides an ideal environment for its UK-based employees to work from “The UK was a logical base for our European expansion given the quality and expertise in ship-air integration in the region. Prism is blessed with a team of experts in the UK, unrivalled in their collective knowledge of SHOL development and ship-aviation test and evaluation.” says Prism’s CEO, Greg Ward.
The UK office will focus on providing ship-air interface consultancy and flight test services to the UK MoD, and support Prism’s international customers, particularly those in the European defence market.
28 January 2013: Prism Defence Sponsors UK Royal Navy Alpine
Each year the UK Royal Navy (RN) organises a 2 week alpine sports event. This year the Championships were held in Tignes, France in January.
Prism Defence, through their widely recognised and unique expertise in the field of ship/air integration, have close links with navies around the world and, having just opened a UK office, readily agreed to become one of the sponsors of the RN Alpine Championships.
As part of the sponsorship effort, Prism Defence sent a small team consisting of Craig Mathews (International Operations Director), Jez Quirk (UK Flight Test Engineer) and Mario Carretta (UK Test Pilot) to Tignes for the second week of the Championships. As well as Craig and Mario being called upon to present prizes to the winners of the Prism sponsored ski and snowboard races, the team also took the opportunity to take part in a number of the many RNWSA programmed events. Overall the Prism Team were very impressed with the organisation of the events and the enthusiasm of the participants, and are very proud to be sponsors of the RN Alpine Championships.
January 2013: Helicopter Control Officer Training in Sweden
Prism air control instructors provided HCO training to Swedish naval officers.
The training included both simulated and live helicopter control.
Prism took the opportunity to introduce the students to our portable HCOTS simulator by deploying with it to sea during the live training phase.